During the recent annual meeting in Baltimore, members of the International Relations Committee met with international attendees from Australia, Japan, South Africa, United Kingdom, and members who are of international origin practicing in North America. The meeting was a fruitful one for exchange of ideas and networking with colleagues.
The international members requested a possible visit to local hospitals during AAPL meetings. The International Relations Committee is exploring the possibilities of arranging a tour to local hospitals with the Program Committee and Local Arrangements Committee at our next meeting in Vancouver, British Columbia.
The international members have agreed to contribute to our AAPL Newsletter regarding status of forensic psychiatry in their own country and to announce significant forensic meetings that would be of interest to our members. The international members enjoyed the fellowship and wish to continue having an informal meeting with International Relations Committee members during our annual meetings. The International Relations Committee plans to collaborate with international members of one country each year to submit proposals for presentation at our annual meetings.
1) The 9th Annual Meeting of the International Association for Forensic Psychotherapy will be held in Boston April 28-30, 2000. For information, see the IAFP website: http://psyctc.org/iafp.
2) World Psychiatric Association Thematic Conference on Legal and Forensic Psychiatry jointly sponsored by Spanish Society of Legal Psychiatry (SEPL) offering 20 hours of Category I CME by distinguished AAPL members: Paul Appelbaum MD, Park Dietz MD, Phillip Resnick MD, and Robert Simon MD. June 23-27, 2000, Madrid, Spain. For information, please contact Daryl Matthews MD, PhD at (808)735-8505, FAX (808) 735-6164, email email@example.com
3) The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists Section on Forensic Psychiatry Annual Conference 2000 will be held June23-25, 2000 at Port Douglas, North Queensland, Australia. It will be preceded by a workshop on June 22, 2000 at Townsville, North Queensland, Australia. The invited key note speaker is our AAPL President, Thomas G. Gutheil MD. If interested in attending, please contact Forensic 2000, The Conference Organiser, P.O. Box 214, Brunswick, East Australia 3057, phone +61 3 9380 1429, FAX +61 3 9380 2722, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
4) The Royal College of Psychiatrists’ Annual Meeting 2000 will be held July 3-7, 2000 at Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. For information and brochures, please contact The Royal College of Psychiatrists, 17 Belgrave Square, London SW1X 8PG.
5) The 25th International Congress on Law & Mental Health, sponsored by the International Academy of Law & Mental Health, will be held July 12-15, 2000 at Siena, Italy and a pre-conference meeting to be held July 9-11, 2000 at Siena, Italy. If interested, please contact XVth IALMH Congress, a/s Chaire de psychiatrie legale et d’ethique biomedicale Phillippe Pinel, Faculte de medecine, Universite de Montreal, C.P. 6128, Succ. Centre-Ville, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada, phone (1) (514) 343-5938, FAX (1) (514) 343-2452, Email email@example.com
6) The 13th World Congress on Medical Law, sponsored by the World Association for Medical Law, will be held August 6-10, 2000 at Helsinki, Finland. If interested, please contact Stakes/Eva Lindbergh, Siltasaarenkatu 18, P.O. Box 220, FIN-0053, Helsinki, Finland, phone +358 9 3967 2173, FAX +358 9 3967 2030, Email firstname.lastname@example.org